Take a Walk With my Dad
On Monday May 16th after I had the nightmare below, I dreamed that my Dad had to collect fifty dollars from me, my mom's sisters, and perhaps a few other family or friends. He asked me to give him fifty dollars, and I felt annoyed that David (my brother) did not have to do that. He said that it was because he (my dad) fibs on his tax forms so that he can give everyone extra money, but David didn't take extra money. He said that after we gave him the fifty dollars he'd give it back. In other words, we were all taking advantage of him, and he was protecting all of us by lying. He needed to explain this to my aunt Emily and my aunt Mary, because they took money from him, and he needed to arrange this fake exchange of fifty dollars. He arranged to take a walk on the beach with them in the evening, and I was going to go along too even though I already understood the money thing. My dad was going to meet us down at the beach, so I walked with my mom's sisters (Emily and Mary) towards the beach. We stopped before going on the beach, and they looked at my shoes and socks. They told me that I was wearing the wrong kind of shoes and socks to walk on the beach. They said that the shoes and socks were not deep enough. I looked at their shoes and socks, and they covered more and the shoes had long soles like platforms. I was somewhat annoyed that they were telling me that I had the wrong shoes and socks on. It also made me feel insecure, and I wondered where they even found such odd shoes. Then I giggled and realized I didn't even have to go on this beach walk with my dad. I decided to bow out and said, "You have to take a walk with my dad but I don't so, see ya! I don't have the right shoes anyway." They smiled about it because they didn't want to take the walk with my dad but had to if they were going to keep getting money from him. I ran off quite happy.

4 Comments:
A vision of care-free-ness. Great dream. Your titles are astonishing. I loved "one flew over". B
Auntie Em says: Now, I love this dream. Of course, cause I'm in it...really I think Mary and I are stand ins for your mother. I think you must be getting out from under your dad and you had normal shoes (tho I go bearfoot on a beach!) We had very abnormal ones but adapted to this weird situation. You just gave him the money and were on your way. Take what he has to give...leave the rest behind. I like it!
i was intrigued about the shoes, too. what is it about me and shoes? but i think the dream resonates with a lot of conflicts between you and your dad. hope you're both in a better place now.
Hey, you've been tagged again. ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home