Friday, March 04, 2005

Missy

I dreamed that I was going to have a baby with a girl I went to school with in Ohio named Missy (elementary school and high school, though we were only friends in elementary school). Missy was holding a baby doll and a toy bottle. She had short blond hair and glasses (Missy, that is). We were going to have two children, and I was going to carry both of them. I thought how it might be easier if she would carry one. Then I thought about my walk-up apartment, and I said, "Can I really have a baby in a fourth floor walk-up?" Someone said, "It's actually no big deal," and I felt relieved by this perspective.

6 Comments:

At 9:33 PM, March 04, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

Missy is someone I had a kind-of crush on, because she was tons of fun, until she started hanging out with the popular crowd as she aged. We were in Brownies together.

At work I have some very nice baby dolls and fake bottles and other accessories. I have a creepy interest in realistic baby dolls.

 
At 11:21 AM, March 05, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

fourth floor sounds daunting w. baby. I'm in sf looking over sf bay. very gorgeous here. but as usual, can't wait to get home. L, B

 
At 3:28 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger sk8rn said...

Hmmm... looking back on childhood behaviors with Missy (baby doll as opposed to real baby - you knew her in Brownies) with simultaneous planning for giving birth. Perhaps feeling torn between staying young and carefree and being burdened with the literal and figurative weight of babies that must be carried up stairs?

 
At 3:32 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger sk8rn said...

B- I wish I wasn't working all the time. I'd offer to show you the town some while you're here. I hope you're having fun in SF!

 
At 10:20 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

Thanks for the thoughtful comments as always, Pf

 
At 10:21 PM, March 05, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

Yes, sk8, I think you are right.

Your comment to my mom is very sweet. She is in town for a surprise party for a friend. She is staying with one of my cousins in Oakland.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home