Saturday, December 25, 2004

Christmas Eve Dreams

I dreamed that my current therapist in real life was named Cindy Wilkinson (instead of her real name E.F.) and that she was my father's therapist too. He told me that she is a gossip columnist for the New York Post...but that she is still a respectable therapist. He told me he likes her and that put me off (to have a therapist that my dad likes).
I dreamed that my therapist was going to hospitalize me, and I was worried about what my insurance would cover.
I dreamed that I was riding in a car with my mother and someone else. I was in the front seat and someone was in the backseat. My mother was driving. Then she had to go for awhile so she put the car into cruise control (if that's what it's called, the setting where the car drives forward in a straight line). It was snowing outside, and I was worried about no one being in the driver's seat. The car was driving by itself until my mom would get back, and I was still sitting in the passenger's seat. I felt very anxious. We were driving at a high speed next to big trucks. I wondered how my mom would catch up to us and when she would come back. What if the road ended and the car kept going forward?
I dreamed that Dr. Phil was talking about a recent gf of mine, C. He was talking about how she'd helped mentor a child from a foster home (something C does). I was so excited to hear Dr. Phil talk about someone I knew.
I dreamed that I was riding on a skateboard. I wasn't wearing any protective gear (do you, Sk8rn?) and wondered if I would get hurt. I had my skateboard on top of a bridge and then it fell over the bridge, and I couldn't find it.

3 Comments:

At 10:28 AM, December 25, 2004, Blogger Jayla said...

I wasn't able to visit my mom this weekend because my flight was cancelled (and the next two days' flights too) due to a snow storm in Ohio. I was particularly upset about this because my mom was recently diagnosed with thyroid cancer, and I wanted to see her in person. She's going to have surgery in February.

 
At 1:16 PM, December 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I sure was trying to control the weather, dammit! Lots of "flying along" in this dream! By the way, even tho I was found to have some cancer cells, the biopsy that Dr. G does during the op may prove my thyroid to be ok. don't ask me why!! B

 
At 2:16 AM, December 28, 2004, Blogger sk8rn said...

I am so sorry to hear the news about your Mom. I hope the surgery in February is uneventful and bears the goods news your Mom (B) has suggested it might. I have got my fingers crossed. As for the protective gear, interesting - it's of course gotta be an analogy for not feeling protected emotionally, right? And in real life... Sometimes I wear wrist pads - if I'm on my way to work or on my way home. If I'm on my way to work, my hands are my livelihood and thus need special protection. If I'm on my way home, that means I've worked 12 hours and am super tired and thus likely to be careless and less coordinated, so I put some protection on. But when I'm just tootling around in my neighborhood, I don't wear anything except a shirt with sleeves that will hang over my hand as a mini barrier of sorts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home