Snow Angel
Last night I dreamed that I had a walker (as in an alternative to crutches) that I had to return to the airport. I took a cab to the airport, and when I got there I was in a field of green grass at night, and it was cool outside. My mother was going to spend a night in jail for some political crime, maybe for being liberal. I thought of going to jail with her. I then thought about how the walker was missing a piece of it, and thus there was no need to return it because it was broken to the point of being unable to be fixed. I thought about how I ought to return it anyway since I spent the money and took the time to go all the way to the airport. Then I thought about how that didn't make sense to waste my time returning it, and I should just cut my losses and simply let it go, throw it out. I let go of the walker and started to follow my mom to jail, then changed my mind. I didn't have to follow my mom to jail. I didn't have to go to jail at all. I lay down in the green grass and spread my arms and legs out as if I was in the snow making a snow angel. I had let go of all of what I thought I should do and instead was doing what I wanted to do. I felt empowered. My mom looked back at me, and she wasn't upset. It was okay with her. I wondered where I would go from here but mainly I was just happy to be free, rolling in the grass. Whatever would happen, would happen.

3 Comments:
Perhaps this dream is about breaking up with S. The idea of marrying S. felt a bit like following my mom into a jail, years of being with someone controlling and moody. I felt that I'd put a lot into the relationship and liked a lot about it but ultimately it was freeing to let it go. Being alone is like being in a field of grass (how profound). The walker and my mom's real life leg injury: was her leg injury punishment for being happy and liberal without my father? Just a thought.
A beautiful dream of freedom!
When I read this dream, I thought the walker was a symbolic representation of seeing relationships as a crutch of sorts. That having a relationship may make someone feel more secure in themselves, but was unnecessary. And that perhaps it shows more strength to build a life independently (so you don't need the crutch anymore). Fits with some of your other explanations of the dream, don't you think?
Post a Comment
<< Home