The Unlocked Door
Last night I dreamed that I was in bed at night and that I felt scared of someone entering the apartment. Then I felt reassured because of the locked door. I decided to look from my bed down the hallway at the locked door. I saw that it was not locked and felt frightened. I jumped up to go lock the door and hoped that by the time I got to the door, someone would not have already come into my apartment.

5 Comments:
I have variations on this door a lot (Freudian slip, meant to say "this dream"). It seems like a common dream in general. The feeling in the dream was: trying to keep someone out who is trying to get in. Very scary!
The door, hmm... when we sleep we enter another state of being and another place in our minds, hence the dream state. The door was closed, but unlocked. What are you hiding behind the door? And why does that door come up repeatedly. Maybe you should try and dream that door open and see whats behind it or deal with the issue you need to deal with, that you haven't YET. As soon as you get that issue out from behind that door, im sure you wont dream about it again.
Someone strange in your apartment. Who are you afraid of coming in on you? Is it really a stranger or are you stressed over someone in your life or private space? The person could signify an issue as well. The issue comes forth in human form, making the issue tangible. Not just a thought. The person coming through the door, could be the issue needing to be dealt with and the sooner the better.
You will sleep better if you deal with your life outside your dream state. We work out issues in our sleep while the brain is at rest. That's why we dream.
The subconscious mind working out our issues. For some of us we witness this interconnection between the two minds. Conscious and subconscious.
I love dream theerapy. Been doing this for a number of years. Do you dream in technicolor? and have you ever had a black and white dream? dreams can be prophetic, tell tale, warnings, some dreams come in succession like puzzle pieces that you have to assemble over time. So many things to talk about here.
maybe you'll wanna chat. I bloglisted you on my blog too.
Peace,
Jeremy
Do you think the locked door relates at all to feeling vulnerable or exposed by your blogging? I definitely have fears about that at times.
I want to hear another dream. I'm remembering mine more now that I read your site. I am always thinking I want to tell you my dreams now, too. :-)
Dad and I were too intrusive. To lock us out was a form of safety, but to let us in may have been comforting too, as we were (over)protective. Or the dream may be much more contemporary--wanting to keep something out, but also wanting to let it in. msw-B
Post a Comment
<< Home