Yet Another Cold Cashier
I went to pay a woman for something, and I gave her a dollar bill. She gave me an uncomfortable, judgmental smile (just like in the last two dreams) and held up the dollar bill that I had given her. It was ripped/split down the middle more than halfway. It also had a lot of writing on it. I felt embarrassed and said something to the effect of, "Oh, when I handed it to you, I didn't know that it was messed up. But I think it's still usable."

9 Comments:
My instinct for the last three dreams is that the cold, judgmental, smiling woman is my mother (she looks a bit like a younger version of my mother). I've felt that in childhood (I've told my mom this; sorry, mom)my mother resented me for my closeness with my father. It was a subtle unstated resentment that created a sense of guilt in me, a sense that I was a bad girl.
Mom, I'd be interested in your reaction and thoughts about this. I hope you don't take offense. As we know, everything goes back to childhood.
why would you feel embarrassed? the ripped money is OF COARSE still good... and you should have been the one who was annoyed, not her.
want me to beat em up for you?
I don't mind at all. We all three (at least) understand the family dynamics pretty well. Love, Icy
Dear Mom, Glad you weren't offended.
Love, Drama Girl :-)
So does the dollar bill represent you or your father?
I guess I wasn't thinking that way. I was thinking of my dad as absent in the dream but influencing my relationship with my mother. The dollar being split down the middle struck me as a sexual image in the dream somehow. I'm not sure quite how. The writing was in red. I don't have this dream all figured out!
The money is something of worth, though torn. A symbol of sexuality, maybe a wish to give me something to stave off sexual jealousy or to give me a sexual gift so that I'd be free of coldness and could give more to you. Writing: you always did, and you still do. Also something besides sexuality where you could be judged harshly or well, so it is a risk. But it is also a gift. Just thoughts--could be all ftootsed. Love, B
Hey, Cool B, I always like your thoughts! Plus you're in the biz! J Cat
Post a Comment
<< Home