Office Girl
I dreamed that I went to my office and opened the door, and it didn't quite look like my office. I wondered if I'd walked into the wrong office or if it had been taken over. It looked less cluttered, very minimal. I looked at the number on the office door to see if I was in the right place, and I was. As I looked around more, I became more certain that it was still mine. I was somewhat relieved and slowly began to feel centered in it again.

3 Comments:
My girlfriend Cindy and her son Jacob came to visit this weekend. Yesterday afternoon we briefly went to my office so that I could do some work even though I am in the middle of a two week vacation. This past week a new social worker started a position. I wondered which office she would take.
My office is definitely a place in which I tend to feel in control and centered. It makes me nervous to leave it, yet it's also exciting. Jen, take a vacation? What a crime! The lack of clutter may have symbolized being on vacation. It's another dream in which a minimalist setting symbolized peace, or was associated with a more calm feeling.
I think the office is you: more centered and at peace. Love, Freud
I'm confused. It sounds like the changes in the office were BOTH slightly alarming at first AND then peaceful. Are you nervous about the new co-worker? She didn't take your office, did she? I had this panic as you were talking about going into your office wondering where the new co-worker's office would be. :-}~
Post a Comment
<< Home