Monday, January 17, 2005

Cat in Water

Last night I dreamed that one of my cats, Frou Frou, fell into water, and I tried to reach for her but I couldn't. So she sank to the bottom of the sea. Then someone else was able to save her. But I felt so terrified of losing my darling cat! It was awful to see her drowning! I also dreamed that my friend Lisa's sister Beth had a short, dykey haircut. Beth told me that she adored me and wanted to be in a relationship with me, a long-term one. In the dream I thought about it, and then remembered that she is married (in real life she is married). So I asked her, "Well, do you and your husband have an open relationship?" I wondered if maybe I would be the girlfriend while she stayed married. I wondered why she liked me so much, and my consideration of her as a girlfriend was fairly intellectual in nature.

3 Comments:

At 7:26 PM, January 17, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

As usual, I should have taken the time to record my dreams in the morning, because I know the dream about Frou Frou was more detailed. It was so intense to see my poor cat drowning. I can't remember who saved her but this morning I did remember. Now all I remember is her long hair in the water. It was so scary! The dream about Beth was not intense, but loaded, I'm sure. It likely has to do with my dating right now. I am surprised when someone tells me they want something serious with me. I question, at least in my mind, why they like me so much. Dating is a big issue for me these days.

 
At 12:07 AM, January 18, 2005, Blogger sk8rn said...

I liked finnegan's interpretation up until the childhood's end part. Hmmm... The feeling of helplessness seeing your cat drown. How are you feeling powerless in your life right now? Or are you drowning in something - afraid of losing yourself perhaps? Are you logically trying to justify monogamy (intellectually weighing its merits) while feeling terrified of losing the part of yourself which is more emotionally carefree - the part that is actively seeking a more independent polyamorous lifestyle? (Am I revealing too much in this comment - let me know and I'll shut up already). ;-)

 
At 6:24 PM, January 19, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A doozie of a dream. Does the Frouie scare reflect the scary phonecall from Lisa in the ER? The rel. part is liking, but fearing, and trying to intellectualize the conundrum. B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home