Sunday, February 27, 2005

Tons of Baggage

Saturday night, my last night in San Francisco, I dreamed that I was wearing a long pink skirt with tiny wild flowers on it and a thick pink, cable-knit sweater, and I was carrying tons of baggage as I walked through a desert towards a beach with an ocean. The baggage was extreme but not too heavy for me to manage. I was tall and large with medium-length long, windblown hair, a femme Amazon hippie. I looked sort of strong and like I had been withstanding the elements of varied weather. My luggage was on my back. I was carrying my luggage as well as my family’s bags, so the packs extended down my back. They were light gray. Ahead of me a smaller, more modern girl walked, with a much smaller backpack. We were friends. The desert was vast and expansive with rolling sand hills, quite beautiful and mystic. There were no other people around. I went into the ocean with my pink clothes on, and it felt great. My friend was with me, though we kept a slight, pleasant distance. She was thin and petite with a mini-skirt and black shiny boots. She had long, straight, silky Chinese hair.

3 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, February 27, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

The friend in the dream reminds me of my close friend, M. The setting and the magic of the dream makes me think of how I had a special time visiting with her in San Francisco. I felt free and young with her, like we were in college.

 
At 3:53 PM, March 01, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The baggage is the past: yours, the family's. It's not too hard to manage. In this dream you are happy and free. What a nice dream! B

 
At 4:13 PM, March 01, 2005, Blogger sk8rn said...

I thought I was being self-centered by wondering if the friend in the dream was me. (though I've got plenty of baggage of my own! LOL). :-) But I am so touched to have possibly made it into your dream-life. Though at the end of the post, I wondered if both women were not different parts of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home