Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Another Dollhouse

Last night I dreamed that I was in a part of Cincinnati called Clifton, only the town was old-fashioned. In real life Clifton is an alternative area, though wealthy. In the dream, it was kind of "antique cool." Everything was in muted colors, again like Lemony Snicket (See dream below). I looked thru the window of a big store and saw a dollhouse way up high on a shelf. It was an antique dollhouse, run-down, though beautiful, with intricate moldings. It was completely empty. I was quite taken with it and decided to go check it out more closely inside the store. There were people from a bygone era wandering the store. I looked for the dollhouse, and it seemed to be gone. I couldn't find it.

4 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, March 22, 2005, Blogger Jayla said...

I'm really not sure what this dream means. I've been feeling melancholy lately. It's also the anniversary of when I was raped eight years ago. That was when my parents' divorce was going on too. Hmmm, not sure about this dream.

 
At 8:13 AM, March 23, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Again, I feel it's either pertaining to having a child (housing a doll) or relating to childhood in a longing way.

Your writing continues to wow me. B

 
At 11:28 PM, March 24, 2005, Blogger Melaina RN, PHN, MS, CNS, ACHPN said...

Interesting dream and analysis. The "bygone era" and antique references definitely resonate with me as references to the past. The feeling, however, as you described the dream (before i read the analysis), came off as almost romantic to me. but maybe that is what i was searching for from my own melancholy state. :-)

 
At 12:52 PM, April 20, 2005, Blogger Lisa said...

i was looking at other dream blogs, and I found this one.
& I live in Cincinnati, but not in clifton. which is a pretty cool place.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home