Border Lines
There is a caucasion, somewhat heavy-set woman with glasses and short gray hair in her late fifties. There is a red barn and my mom's dog, a bijon frise (a little, white dog). The woman decides to enter the barn which is owned by an old man. She and someone else (maybe me?) must keep the dog quiet so that the man doesn't know anyone is in the barn. The barn looks out onto some grass. The dog makes noise and jumps out the window, and the man blows up the dog with a firecracker. The woman goes to church and excitedly tells the congregation (who are from the 1800's) that even though the dog has been burned up, she will get a lot of money from the man. She is in a zealous fervor as she tells how her plot will work. But the people entering the church tell her that, no, the man will not give her money because when the dog jumped out the window, he jumped from Ohio across the state line to Kentucky. The man from the barn shakes his head and smiles and says that of course he won't pay because of that legality. The woman is very disappointed.

3 Comments:
Hm, interesting dream, Jennynyc. Ha, ha, folks, it's me (though the comment still stands). The woman reminded me of Barbara Beaver (yes, her real name!), my high school history teacher. I did quite poorly in her class. The woman must be my mother (though B. -my mom- is not heavyset). Oh, two Barbaras, another connection. Anyway, when my dad left my mom (divorced her), he hid money in Kentucky. He also bought a dog, Buddy, and left the dog with her. I don't know what this dream means but I did have dinner with my dad the other night.
I don't know either, but I bet your therapist'd wanna know. It's a good one. Luv, the Beaver
What a bizarre and interesting dream. Yes, sounds like lots of fodder for analysis. ;-) Though I have no clue what it's about in real life terms.
Post a Comment
<< Home