Goldilocks
I dreamed that I was at Antioch College (where I graduated from ten years or so ago). I had a small room that was too small. It wasn't horrible but it felt too small. A couple, Colleen and Jillian, were sharing a dorm room together, and I went to their room. When I went inside, I saw that one of the beds was gone. It was a big room to begin with, so it looked amazing all rearranged for one person. I assumed for certain that Colleen had dropped out of school because she seemed unstable and that Jillian was the one asleep in the bed under the covers. But when I got closer, I saw that it was Colleen and realized that Jillian had left school. Colleen was sleepy and attractive (she's more butch/masculine) than Jillian, and I got into the bed with her and cuddled up to her to nap. I was feeling warm and affectionate. It crossed my mind that cuddling up with her felt so natural. She responded with a pleasant sleepy hug back. We were going to nap together, and that was good, because I felt stressed and tired. I was envious of her dorm room because it was so much nicer than mine. It was light and airy and had plants and was well-decorated. The bed was in the center of the room, and it was a king-sized water bed. Pretty impressive for a college dorm room. Colleen had a tiny cat that looked like an exotic miniature tiger, and it began to run around and knock things over. I asked her what kind of cat it was so that I could make sure never to get that kind of cat. It was cute but sure was a handful! I can't recall her answer.

10 Comments:
Must be about my boifriend David. We broke up and just got back together. There was something about Jillian being gone and getting to cuddle up to Colleen that felt so luxurious. Perhaps Jillian represents Lauren, David's ex, with whom he is friends'. David and I fought about their relationship (his ongoing friendship with Lauren and my envy), and the disappearance of Jillian may represent the fantasy of Lauren's disappearance. Poof! She's gone, and we can just relax ;)
Auntie Em says: Interiors in my dreams have to do with my psyche. Yours was ostensibly uncomfortable and then you found this ostensibly comfy and luxurious room/situation. But just as you initially thought (she was the unstable one), Colleen had her own mess (destructive cat). Dunno exactly, just some thoughts.
room feels too small (trapped, depressed), in the big room (freedom, happiness), there is an unsettling surprise. In rereading, could this have anything to do with pregnancy? Room, womb?? or am i nuts B
I have to admit, I had a hard time reading this dream due to my own issues with the dynamics between Jillian and Colleen. Though perhaps the feelings you've unintentionally dredged up in me, I may come up with a new subject for the next post on my blog. ;-) I'm not sure I can even try to interpret this dream due to my own issues. Sorry.
But just as a reminder - this is my favorite blog of yours and I was tickled to read a new post here even if I have tons of baggage that got in the way of my enjoying it as much as usual. ;-)
Yes, I think room womb sounds about right ;) ...Waterbeds also remind me of pregnancy.
By the way p-f, I love when you put your dreams in the comments.
Just a rhetorical question. If you had fallen asleep in your dream, what do you suppose you would have dreamt about?
There is a nice, warm, fuzzy feel to your dream.
i am always so intrigued when you wake up before hearing someon's answer. i wonder what all that means. symbolism for fear of the unknown?
wow, this blog rocks!
I miss your posts on here. :-(
Post a Comment
<< Home