Friday, August 06, 2004

The Dead Man

Last night I dreamed that I was telling a story about my dad to my mom and her side of the family. I was telling about how dad threw a dead man into the water. I was laughing but when I looked at my mom and the relatives' faces they were sullen, like it was not funny that he did that.

4 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, August 06, 2004, Blogger Jayla said...

When I was in therapy with Jane (most recent therapist), I would tell stories about my dad that she thought were crazy or sad but I would be laughing. She would always ask me, "Why is it funny?" Another thought: I am like my mom and relatives but I am also like my dad...I've got a part of me that is like the craziness of my dad's side of the family.

 
At 12:57 PM, August 08, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb: its not funny!! Just kidding.

 
At 3:45 AM, August 09, 2004, Blogger sk8rn said...

Fascinating! So do you think a part of you feels sullen when you are laughing at things that others don't find funny?

 
At 9:43 AM, August 27, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe it's hard when you see either side of the family criticised, because they're both you. Last night I dreamed J. and K. came to my house to rest or recover from some operation J. had had. K. flashed a ring before me and said they got engaged. J. said, not necessarily. They were very high maintenance, and I wanted them out. I encouraged them to go stay at J.'s father's house. He said no. Eventually, things were not adjusted to their liking in my house, and they left and went to a motel, to my gladness. Whatya think? B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home