How to Hide Your Blog
Last night I dreamed that I was in the middle of the ocean. It was exciting and scary, and exciting because it was scary...and unknown. I bought a book (in the dream) that was composed of a woman's blog entries. She was in a bad relationship and had started a blog as a way to cope with the stress but she needed to keep it from her partner. The blog was about swimming. I was reading a detailed chapter called "How to Hide Your Blog." She had done a lot of research on it, and I thought, "Well, I don't want to hide my own blog, but this is a great chapter to have in case I ever do." Back in the ocean, there were things to grab onto here and there, and there were dangers, like sharks. But the sharks weren't really bothering me, and I didn't feel the need to grab onto much of anything.

3 Comments:
Last night (for the zillionth time) I saw the preview for the movie "Open Water" about two divers who get left in the middle of the ocean. It looks quite cheesy but, as the review presented in the preview says about the movie, it achieves a "primal terror." When I saw the preview last night, I thought that I would like to see the movie, and I thought that I might want to hide that from my friends because, well, the movie just looks so stupid. This dream makes me think of how being out of the relationship with S is like being in the middle of the ocean and that could feel bad but actually feels good. I had another dream after I broke up with S but before I started this blog in which my mom and I were drifting down a beautiful river in inner tubes. Out of the relationship with S and with my mom out of the relationship with my father, I look forward to traveling with her. The water is generally an exciting and positive symbol for me in life.
You feel pretty adventurous, but also safe enough.
Good point!
Post a Comment
<< Home