Wednesday, July 28, 2004

The Big House

Last night I dreamed that there was a big house with two small houses on either side of it.  Dave, and Jan and I were sitting on the balcony of one of the smaller houses.  The whole estate was beautiful. 

3 Comments:

At 6:22 PM, July 28, 2004, Blogger Jayla said...

Last night David and Jan and I went for sushi. I got there first and the waitress asked if I wanted to wait for a special private booth that would be available soon. I told her that I was interested. I had no idea what she meant but was intrigued! Dave and Jan came and I told them the deal. Dave expressed immediate interest but Jan became irritated (stress at work) and said, "Forget it! It's going to be the floor!" (Jan has nice, long legs, and so "pillow" seating at Japanese can be cramped for him). David and I said that there would probably be that hole in the floor that gives one the option to put their legs down. Juan warmed up to it, and the waitress soon led us to a privately enclosed table with chairs, very cool. It was like a LITTLE HOUSE. Then we got into a discussion about how we wanted to Get Rich Quick, Win the Lottery, etc. It was like we were in a little house trying to figure out how to get into the BIG HOUSE.

 
At 10:34 AM, July 29, 2004, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Barb: I don't quite know--you grew up in a little house, and there was always the fantasy in the family that we were a richer family than the neighbors (the way dad grew up in Queens). A house can also be a body or something more self-related than just a house. The desire for money is in the dream or other kinds of "riches," but also an appreciation of that cool little house.

 
At 12:25 AM, July 30, 2004, Blogger sk8rn said...

For some reason, I'm thinking of the big house as like parent to the two smaller houses, especially as your brother was with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home