Saturday, November 28, 2009

A Six Story Fall

Last night I dreamed that Ravi, my brother Dave's and my mutual friend from high school, fell off a six-story building and died. I told David, and he had a a cold reaction, expressing no emotion. I started to cry thinking of how sad it was and felt that it was upsetting that my brother wasn't having more of a reaction.
I also dreamed (last night) that to get to San Francisco with BB I had to climb a very tall wall. I was so scared and tried not to look down. For other people it wasn't so frightening; either that, or no one talked about how frightening it was. A nice, old man at the top encouraged me, and I made it up. San Francisco looked beautiful and exotic.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 AM, November 28, 2009, Blogger Jayla said...

The first part of the dream:
No idea, other than I keep dreaming that people I love are dying.

The second part of the dream:
"For other people it wasn't so frightening; either that, or no one talked about how frightening it was."
I think this is about moving and how daunting it is to me, and to think people do this all the time.

 
At 9:12 AM, November 28, 2009, Blogger Cathy K. said...

What seems to me a thread through both parts of the dream is the difference in responses. I see you living your pain or anxiety/fear openly and honestly, while other people are either unfazed or hiding what must be going on inside. Give me emotional honesty and openness any day ... but it does make a lot of people uncomfortable to see bare naked expressions of emotions. Love and hugs ... with extra added neck and shoulder rubs. I hate moving; it's just always stressful. I hear that with proper planning and execution it can be somewhat less so, but I wouldn't know as I am not exactly strong in the planning/organization department!

 
At 8:14 AM, November 30, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with Kathy (as usual). It is very daunting to move, sometimes listed as one of the most stressful things in life other than death and/or divorce.

Making a "move" represents so much: separation from the known (and sometimes loved). Yet, just like in the dream, it opens up the possibility of a wondrous view. I wonder if you maybe think the beautiful "view" is the idealized view of things that you feel others,less anxious, are lucky to have. Maybe David, who seems coldly less bothered in your dream....

I love you so much. B

 

Post a Comment

<< Home